ILC Diliman promotes holistic education that includes immersive training in "real world" problem-solving and in the development and deployment of educational technologies. Current challenges at ILC Diliman include customization of online learning and collaboration platforms; audio, video, multimedia production; document and knowledge management; blended learning approaches, strategies and techniques; mobile computing for education; server management, content management; webcasting and media distribution; client support management.
- Internship. Internship at ILC Diliman admits advanced students who would want to gain supervised practical experience in many aspects of the development, production, deployment of academic technologies.
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) - operationally the same as Internship.
Benefits to Student Interns
- Exposure to real-world challenges hardly found in textbooks and classroom settings
- Opportunity to work with teams coming from diverse backgrounds (like computer science, film, education, computer engineering, library science, information technology, statistics)
- Greater adaptability, self-confidence, professionalism, skills
- Opportunity to work on projects or applications that will actually be deployed or used by UP constituents (as opposed to simply producing "proofs of concepts")
- Enhanced resume with experiences and opportunities to apply academic concepts and principles
- Hands-on opportunity to work on unique projects and with equipment and technologies that may not be availability at the sending institution
- With tested skills obtained from an internship program, the student increases his or her marketability to employers
- Internship at ILC Diliman and the University of the Philippines Diliman is also an exposure to a diverse milieu. Various theatrical, film, dance, musical presentations happen regularly on campus. The campus is a favorite place for joggers and bikers. There are numerous events highlighting cutting-edge science and engineering. ILC Diliman interns are encouraged to participate in various campus events that may contribute to their total well-being.
- Internship at ILC Diliman can be a good place to start exploring thesis topics or problems. Interns who finish their stints at ILC Diliman are encouraged to continue working on their ILC Diliman projects and propose to their thesis advisers that the projects be (or at least form part of) their theses as well. In such cases, ILC Diliman may provide at least technical assistance to such projects.
- ILC Diliman helps interns start figuring out where they should be professionally.
Benefits to ILC Diliman /UP
- ILC Diliman /UP can contribute to the training of students
- interns can provide fresh energy and perspective to the workplace
- interns can help explore untested approaches to solving problems
- opportunity to observe potential employees up-close
The ILC Diliman Internship Program has by far worked with interns from the following institutions:
- University of the Philippines
- AMA Computer College
- Asian College
- Bulacan State University
- Mariano Marcos State University
- NorthWest Samar State University
- Philippine School of Business Administration
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Technological Institute of the Philippines
The first internship program of ILC Diliman started in 2010 when it accepted students from the School of Library Science and Information Studies, University of the Philippines Diliman.
The tasks given to the interns included cataloging and indexing of ILC Diliman services such as learning objects (instructional materials), vodcast (video in demand) and podcast (audio in demand). They were also given the opportunity to help in the development of its website such as installation of plug-ins.
Later, more services emerged and with these the internship program progressed such that students from other colleges and universities other than UP Diliman were considered.
Currently, the ILC Diliman, is only accepting interns from colleges and universities with a memorandum of agreement with the University of the Philippines Diliman.